viernes, 22 de noviembre de 2013

POETRY!



HELLO EVERYBODY!!
HOW ARE YOU?




I am going to write the different ways to develop the motivation and the importance of poetry for children.
If we want to show students the main points of poetry, firstly, we have to know what means the poetry for us, because in many cases when we were children, our teachers forced us to read poetry without any motivation getting a big hate for it.
In my case, the teaching poetry is a challenge which I must work a lot to obtain that my students can learn it of a distinct way .


How can we help students to develop the poetry?

-Try using objects or photos from a magic bag to stimulate their ideas, such as:

Imagine -
an angry ant as it ambles along,
a terrified tarantula tickling a trout,
and a curious computer
calling cautiously to the King.

Imagine -
silence closing its lips
and vowing never to speak again,
the humming bird’s wings flickering,
the sea turning over the beach,
scraping the pebbles,
while the weary lorries trundle by.



-It is essential to create good tittles to catch their attention, due to they will feel curiosity to read what is happening in the poems.
We can create a class list of objects, animals or mythical creatures telling them their secrets.

 




For example:
The kangaroo’s secret.

I’ll never tell any one but
I have a city tucked into my pouch.


The owl’s secret.

I’ll never tell anyone but
my amber eyes were once marbles.


The fox’s secret.

I’ll never tell anyone but
I’m a dab hand at dancing the fox trot.

-It is essential to create good tittle to catch their attention due to they will feel curiosity to read what happend in the poems.
Create a class list of objects, animals or mythical creatures telling them their secrets.


-Music is always a wonderful stimulus for the imagination, for this reason, we will play music of all different forms. We can use a roll of old backing paper or wallpaper and let the children draw as they listen to create a poem according with the elements which they have drawn.


When I Heard the Music.

When I heard the music -
waves washed over my toes,
stars burst like glittering beads,
and a wall sprung up brick by brick.

When I heard the music -
I remembered a scarlet coat,
playing in sand dunes by the sea,
and my grandma nodding asleep.

When I heard the music -
I touched the cold skin of a frosty bottle,
the jagged spikes of winter,
and sunlight glowing
in a pumpkin.

When I heard the music
I dreamed of tapping stars into place,
melting moons and frozen slices of sun,
bright bars of delight
and frightened fishes
like tiny splinters
of electricity.

When I heard the music
I strode down the lanes
and marched over hillsides,
I threw wishes at clouds
and muffled my heart beat.

We have to take in account these forms to help students to create poetry, to get the reading as an enjoyment not as a duty.


What do you think? I would like knowing your opinion!
Thank you!


POETRY IS TO PROSE AS DANCING IS TO WALKING.

BYE BYE!!!








1 comentario:

  1. Good entry, Jéssica. It is interesting to know how we can combine music and poetry. It'd have been interesting to read more about this. Keep on working hard. :)

    ResponderEliminar